If you have the required qualifications, expertise and experience that New Zealand requires, then you are lucky enough as well as eligible to appeal for a resident visa under the category of the skilled migrant.
If you are intending to apply for the skilled migrant visas for New Zealand then there are certain points systems that are based on factors like age, qualification, work, the number of years of experience and an offer of skilled employment. There are certain age limits like a person aged 55 or under is eligible to apply.
Certain other aspects should also be fulfilled like:
A person himself or along with his partner and other dependents, applying for the Visa should be in a good health with all the health check ups done and should complete the declaration in the EOI (Expression of Interest) stage to make sure that you meet all the standards of health requirements.
- A person clears the health requirement if:
- The person’s health problems don’t pose any danger to the public
- Due to the person’s health issues, he/she is not likely to be a burden on health services of New Zealand.
- He/She is totally fit to enter the country.
A person applying for the skilled migrant Visa for New Zealand and the family accompanying should meet the standard English requirements like:
- Applicants must have a score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS.
- Applicants can provide some proof that their education was completed on the medium of language English.
- If the qualification was gained from NZ and the completion time was at least of complete 2 years.
- The Visa applicant is presently working as skilled employee in NZ for a period of at least 12 months.
As per the NZIS, a person who has a good character doesn’t pose any kind of security threat.
Character requirements are as under:
The person who has not been convicted for any reason in the past for at least 5 years or more or have ever been in the past deported from New Zealand to any other country.
- There are certain procedures that need to be followed like:
- Person should do the self-assessment test to check if he/she meets the requirement
- The person should then Submit the EOI (Expression of Interest)
- If the person receives 160 points in EOI or gets selected in EOI pool then he/she would receive an Invitation To Apply – ITA.
- The person then should submit the resident application within six months
- After the successful completion of the process, you would receive a resident Visa or job search Visa.
These are the basic aspects that need to be followed and some common mistakes that need to be avoided to get a skilled migrant Visa for New Zealand.